Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

What's wrong with my tranny?

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2011, 10:22 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation What's wrong with my tranny?

My clutch pedal is soft and in order for my car to go into gear i have to press down hard but that doesnt work all the time.. did my sleave cylinder go out? if so i know that's inside the tranny but is there any other posibilities i can check before i go spending big bucks?

but if worst come to worst and i have to drop my trans. what should i take advantage of doing new cluch? if so what clutch should i go with performance or oem?

Car: 2000 camaro z28 m6

my mods: LT headers No cats/ORY lid, k&n filter, tune.

thanks guys any help appriciated.

PLEASE DON'T IGNORE MY POST DUE TO ME BEING A NEWBIE
Old 08-19-2011, 10:36 PM
Staging Lane

Well have u checked under the car to see if it s been leaking if so most likely the slave have gone bad. But sometimes it can be your master cylinder. If u do a clutch swap I would definetly go with aftermarket performance clutch OEM just doesn't hold much. Monster have a special going but they're kinda high. I got a ram powergrip hd set and it holds just fine. Just know when u start swaping clutches its best to get the whole kit that way u want run into many problems about engagement and disengagement issues like I did. But anyway check for leaks in see what u come up with
Old 08-19-2011, 10:44 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks firehawk... theirs no leak i'll check the master cylinder.. is there a way to drain the fluid? cause the fluid where it says brake dot 3? its dirty in there almost looks muddy
Old 08-19-2011, 10:50 PM
Staging Lane

What u could is get a mity vac and put it at the bleeder valve take u reservoir top off and have someone to keep it full at all times while u pump. The vac will suck fluid threw the system so all u do is pump and pour fluid until there's no more dirty fluid coming out.
Old 08-21-2011, 07:48 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i agree it sounds like a hydraulic problem. if you are changing your clutch you might as well change your slave and master cylinder so you dont have to drop the tranny again once one of those fail.
Old 08-27-2011, 05:25 PM
Staging Lane

Thanks i went with the "Tick performance adjustable master cylinder" i heared is the best. now im just waiting for parts to get delivered to start the installs
Old 08-29-2011, 08:58 PM
Staging Lane

That's what I had to buy to fix my problems. After 100 of dollars down the drain I decide to go that route. U wont be disappointed, the tick is just awesome

Quick Reply: What's wrong with my tranny?