General LSX Automobile Discussion Non-technical LSX related topics.

What would you guys do

Search this Thread

Old 08-26-2011, 10:16 AM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default What would you guys do

Im kinda at a crossroads with my car. I enjoy it alot but I have always wanted a Corvette. Right now heres where I stand. This winter buy a procharger and keep building up the ws6 and it will probably see 800 ish in 2 years OR put the ws6 back to stock next winter and buy a used c6 z06 with low miles for ~45k do headers and orx and cam it (eventually).

I am leaning towards the z06 but I have never driven a newer corvette. I love going to the strip but the z06 will probably rarely see the strip as much as the trans an and it will be more of a street machine. I would plan on buying a drag only car later in my life. I turn 20 in September and I would not struggle paying it off (~20k down payment). Also I already have a house so dont tell me to save up for one
Old 08-29-2011, 08:59 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Your ws6 will be quicker.
The vette will be a vette.

Mod your car IMO
Old 08-30-2011, 09:06 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

You must drive a new Corvette before making such an important decision. It may just influence you enough (either positively or negatively) to change your thinking process. I can't imagine buying a car you have never driven first. My elderly neighbor always drooled over the mid 90's Jag XJS series. He finally bought a really nice low mileage one from a distant state, transported it here by carrier, but then hated it. His body didn't fit well and his feet were actually too big for the smallish pedals that the Jag had. This all could have been avoided by simply driving it first. What if there is something that just doesn't agree with you in the new Corvette? Blind spots, seating issues, whatever could arise, or you could just fall in complete love with it! Drive one, then decide. No one here can advise you on what you want.

By the way, you have accomplished an awful lot by your 20th birthday. Congratulations on your accomplshments. I was still in junior college at that age driving an older '71 Roadrunner with just a few bucks in my pocket.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:40 PM
Teching In

Well your definitely not going to hate the way a vette drives or feels sitting in it from my experience.The only thing that stinks about a vette is it's a 2 seater.And sometimes thats a good thing.Sometimes I wish I had a TA or camaro so I could take the family for a ride.Your only 20 so if you really want a vette I'd say get it.Especially it it's a zo6.That a nice ride.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

Smile

drive one first of course but imo theres not much to dislike about a c6z06.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:45 PM
11 Second Club

I'm at the same point as you. 22 house and t/a. Debating trading I
The car for a c5 or c6. No kids or anything to worry about. But ik if I get the corvette I wouldn't want to mod it too much like I would my trans am.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:53 PM
TECH Regular

I turn 20 in september and have nowhere near those funds lol, but if i were you, i'd keep the trans am awhile longer and save more for a zr1
Old 08-30-2011, 03:54 PM
TECH Addict

why a Z06? if you arent into modding the vette then just buy a regular vette for its looks and keep modding your ws6
Old 08-30-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Resident

Damn, 20 large in the bank with a house and modded car(s) at
20? What field do you work in?
Old 09-08-2011, 04:42 AM
Launching!

Im in the same boat as you been wanting a c6 z for a few years now. I drove one and was hooked they are awesome. I have had my house since I was 20 and all that and I could go get a loan for the car but I hate having a payment so I decided to wait until a later point in my life and when they drop down in price I will get one. Untill then I'm buying a truck and gonna play with my Busa. Thinking about boosting it or building a turbo Busa powered ford festiva.
Old 09-08-2011, 07:39 AM
TECH Regular

I do need to drive one first. I wouldnt buy a car without driving it but I have rode in one and I liked it. Its 2 completely different cars. The main thing about the vette that I like is its a newer car and the engine bay is alot more open but aftermarket is expensive and I would be afraid of messing something up. With the bird I throw **** at it all the time and if it breaks o well.

Originally Posted by why87
I turn 20 in september and have nowhere near those funds lol, but if i were you, i'd keep the trans am awhile longer and save more for a zr1
LOL I wish but I dont have that kind of funds. You can get a used C6z for mid 40's with less then 10k miles

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
I work in IT. I went to a tech school for high school landed a entry level job when I was 18 and now have a few certs and a few promotions later and I have a pretty steady income for my age.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:46 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by 1badWS6
they call him boston george on the streets hahahaha
Old 09-10-2011, 10:49 PM
On The Tree

Originally Posted by jetaws6
Im kinda at a crossroads with my car. I enjoy it alot but I have always wanted a Corvette. Right now heres where I stand. This winter buy a procharger and keep building up the ws6 and it will probably see 800 ish in 2 years OR put the ws6 back to stock next winter and buy a used c6 z06 with low miles for ~45k do headers and orx and cam it (eventually).

I am leaning towards the z06 but I have never driven a newer corvette. I love going to the strip but the z06 will probably rarely see the strip as much as the trans an and it will be more of a street machine. I would plan on buying a drag only car later in my life. I turn 20 in September and I would not struggle paying it off (~20k down payment). Also I already have a house so dont tell me to save up for one
if u buy a vette ur gonna turn into another damn vette driver what i like is pulling up to a Z06 or a Zr1 and roasting them in my camaro...but its not hard to do cause they normally dont race lol
Old 09-15-2011, 01:47 PM
Teching In

thats great that your doing that good at 20 but i think it would be foolish to buy a z06 right now. Insurance would be outragous! At least wait untill your 21 it will be alot cheaper and then it will cut in half almost when you turn 25. I knew a girl that got a huge settlement and bought a gt mustang when she was 18 and was paying almost 500 a month for insurance!! Actually some insurance companies wont even insure someone at 20 on a corvette. Get some quotes and post on here im curious to see what your rates would be. I bought my first vette at 31, it was an 05 and my isurance was about 120 a month with 15 years having a perfect driving history.
Old 09-15-2011, 02:12 PM
12 Second Club

If you can afford the insurance try driving a Vette and see if you will absolutley like it. I personally would keep moding the TA and get a Vette later on.