Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need help

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2011, 04:29 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need help

i have a 2002 trans am the guy i bought it from put a cam he replaced the springs and thats it now i have a lifter tapping on start up and at about 2500 rpm is there a easy fix or do i need to go ahead and replace them and someone told me to go ahead and replace the rocker arms with roller rockers im new to this so any andvice will help
Old 08-27-2011, 04:43 PM
11 Second Club

keep stock rockers dont go roller n also if tappin loud yes change lifters out all of them n quit driving it
Old 08-27-2011, 06:17 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by Dustroe187
i have a 2002 trans am the guy i bought it from put a cam he replaced the springs and thats it now i have a lifter tapping on start up and at about 2500 rpm is there a easy fix or do i need to go ahead and replace them and someone told me to go ahead and replace the rocker arms with roller rockers im new to this so any andvice will help
Then he "half-assed" the job. If you have a lifter that took a dump, then the only way to fix it is to pull the heads and replace them. What cam is in it? He didn't change the pushrods? If you are getting a tapping noise, it could simply be a bent pushrod. I would check that first before pulling the heads.
Old 08-28-2011, 01:05 PM
Teching In

I know its a Patrick g cam not sure the specs but y do you say no roller rockers and what kind of lifters and pushrods should I go with