Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Evap and catalyst not ready!

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Evap and catalyst not ready!

Dear Forum,

I have been trying to get my car inspected all month and everytime I get it hooked up to the machine, my mech says the Evap and Catalyst is not ready and I need to drive the car more. I have put over a hundred miles on it and still not ready. He told me it might be a computer problem but I dont want to drop a hundred dollars just to have it hooked up to the diagnostic. Anyone have any experience with this or any recommendations other then to have the codes deleted?
I havent been driving the car this summer because I have a motorcycle and I had let the battery die a few months ago but other then that I dont know what it could be.

I have a 2002 Z28 M6 with about 93k on it and not much done to the engine

Thanks
Derek
Old 08-31-2011, 01:02 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The reason they're not ready is probably due to not driving it much, along with the battery dying. Try a few GM drive cycles: www.obdii.com/drivecycle.html
Old 08-31-2011, 04:57 PM
Teching In

Thank you.
Do you know how many miles on average it usually takes? I have driven well over a hundred miles so far.
Old 08-31-2011, 08:57 PM
12 Second Club

no one can really tell u that for sure. I can tell you that driving it in all conditions is the best way to make it happen more quickly accelleration decelleration braking light cruise just some of what the computer looks for to determine readiness status. Oh and everytime the battery dies it starts all over from the beginning

Quick Reply: Evap and catalyst not ready!