Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Car throwing p0102 code and wont run

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 09:40 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Car throwing p0102 code and wont run

So the car was running fine except it kept getting hot. So i just got an aftermarket radiator and installed it to try to help my cooling problems. The new radiator doesn't have a nipple for the coolant crossover line coming form the heads to the cop of the radiator, so i blocked it off just for now so i could see if it fixed my cooling problems

it also doesnt have a coolant level sensor so i left that un-plugged . other then that nothing has changed since the last time the car ran fine

Now all of a sudden it keeps throwing the p0102 code and will idle but as soon as i give it gas it just dies and bogs down. The car smells like it is running super rich. I would think it would run half way decent running off of the VE tables, but nope. car runs horrible

i tried unplugging the maf,clearing the codes with hp tuners. sprayed the maf with brake cleaner and let it dry. I cant think of what it could be. The engine sensor fuse is still good,any ideas what could cause this

Maf is a SLP 85mm maf on the 1 bar MAF OS, car is a 1999 ss camaro with a 5.3 iron block and a t4 front mount turbo
Old 08-31-2011, 10:31 PM
TECH Addict

Received 9 Likes on 3 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

this is a complete shot in the dark but is your security light on?

I only ask because I got my security light right at the same time I just got P0102, my eng sens fuse is good also. I don't know how VATS works exactly or much about tuning but maybe if your VATS is acting up it's trying to screw with the injectors while your custom tuning is using other tables?

again, a total shot in the dark hahah I just threw it out there, and I have VATS disabled in hptuners and my car runs perfectly fine with the code so it's probably completely unrelated
Old 09-01-2011, 04:43 PM
TECH Regular

Security light is not on
Old 09-01-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Regular

so i tried my friends stock MAF off of his 2007 silverado 4.8 and my car runs fine, tried my SLP 85mm maf on his truck and it runs fine also, but for some reason my car wont run with my SLP maf that has been on the car for years anymore

any suggestions?

Quick Reply: Car throwing p0102 code and wont run