Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

front swaybar: Energy Suspension vs OEM

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-2011, 07:16 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default front swaybar: Energy Suspension vs OEM

I thought I'd decide to upgrade everything up front with Energy Suspension parts based on search results of this forum. I have SLP's 35mm bar. The bushings SLP sent with the bar came reused the OEM brackets. SLP also gave me some new end links, which looked exactly like the OEM ones.

I bought Energy Suspension 9.8118 end links and 9.5168 1-3/8" bushings. The end links look too long and the bushing + bracket looks flimsy as hell.

Should I just get a refund?? Or is this how it's supposed to be?
Old 09-02-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 252 Likes on 208 Posts
LS1Tech 10 Year

the bushings of the stock endlinks are thicker than ES......what you should concentrate on is the height of the final assembly......i bet you will find they are pretty equal........and the sway brackets are fine
Old 09-03-2011, 04:04 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hmm... so the only thickness that matters with the swaybar bushing is that which is closest to the frame rails??

And the super-tall end-links don't matter?
Old 09-04-2011, 08:03 AM
TECH Veteran

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The "installed height" of the endlinks should be such that the "arms" of the sway bar are as close as possible, to being paralell to the ground, when the car is sitting at "ride height". Any change in ride height, due to lowering springs, etc, will most likely result in different length endlinks being needed. Energy Suspension makes a variety of endlink sets, in different lengths, specifically for this purpose.

Quick Reply: front swaybar: Energy Suspension vs OEM