Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Hello All Ya'll

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-2011, 12:07 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hello All Ya'll

Proud owner of a mint 1976 Silver T/A 400 4-speed M. Last week shipped in a mint 2002 Pewter LS1 WS6 4-speed A to accent my stable lol! (stole it for $11,000.oo) and $300.oo to ship. Trans it out and will go back in today, yeah you guessed it, PUKING rear main and a broken oil pressure sending unit (now there's a recipe for disaster). One blown speaker, a window motor, a headlight louver adjustment, fresh belts, fluids and a oil pan gasket (oh, that was easy!!) a main seal and she will be just fine. Wow, these things sure changed since the 70's, so much wonderful power, but a nightmare to work on. Takes wrenching to a whole new level don't it? My 76 is a true joy to drive also but only 190 factory rated horse power!, and we thought we were making power then, Ha! I am rebuilding the 400 because some goof ball got ahold of it and yes you guessed it, to much cam a Holly (burn it to the ground) carb. and an unbalanced engine throw together! The power plant will soon be built with a 250-275 h.p. engine with a streetable cam and of course nothing sounds cooler than that deep rich gurgling sound of a Quadrojet when the big throats are opened up. I will post some side by side pics of the two when this tropical storm lets up and they can go out side. Anyway, I expect plenty of repair and maintainable issues to accompany this wonderful General Motors 'infinite wisdom' that is sure to come with owning a modern era Bird (not the cars fault that the machine is over loaded with every possible reason to haul it back to our good buddy Mr. Goodwrench) for a good ole wringing dry of the ole wallet!! Ha Ha. Zombie
Old 09-03-2011, 04:00 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Awesome and welcome to ls1 tech