Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Thinking about a cam which one?? your opinoins please!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 11:34 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thinking about a cam which one?? your opinoins please!!!!!!!

I am tearing down the motor now to change the lifters and am thinking about a cam . alot of stuff will be taken off and now might be a good time to do it when there are no lifters in the block to fall down. i know nothing about cams and need to find one to work with my stock heads and my boltons in sig. I have chromoly pushrods i just put in and am wondering with a cam if i should buy aftermarket lifters or get the stock ones. Do i need to get new springs and retainers??? titanium i imagine. I would like alitte lobe and don't quite know if i want low or top end. what cams are good for each one. and the last question is it a hard install or is it just like i am doing now. Thanks for your help and i appreciate you helping the less knowledgable people out as they try to learn. Mario
Old 03-02-2003, 12:26 AM
Cal
TECH Veteran

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Re: Thinking about a cam which one?? your opinoins please!!!!!!!

For your purposes I would sugest the MTI B1 cam (221/221 .558/.558 114 LSA) For this cam you could use the Comp Cams 918 springs. This is a very popular cam that a lot of people use and even pass emissions with. It has a slight lope, but if you want more you could get the T1, a 112 LSA version of the same cam. You don't need the Titanium retainers, but they might make the springs last a little longer and make it rev a little faster. The stock lifters should be just fine. The install would be no more difficult than what you are already doing, IMO.