Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

ATI super damper

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2011, 01:21 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATI super damper

hey guys im trying to put the super damper together and was wonder how it goes together i have it pined to the crank but in most photos it looks like there is a space between both of the pulleys. they came one inside of the other and i was wondering if that how they go and if so how do they bolt together. if anyone has any photos of them putting together or can just explain it to me that would be great thanks
Attached Thumbnails ATI super damper-img_1587.jpg   ATI super damper-img_1588.jpg   ATI super damper-img_1589.jpg  
Old 09-06-2011, 01:31 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

the hub needs to come back off of the crank. Put the ac pulley onto the crank with the male end facing out then install the hub over the crank again. So no your ac pulley will be behind the hub with the raise part of the pulley facing out towards you. Then simply bolt the front part of the pulley (crank part) to the hub. the small bolt will hold the pulley onto the hub and then the long bolts in the kit will go through the front pulley, hub and then into the ac pulley to bolt it all together.
NOTE:The a/c pulley is indexed and will only line up with the bolt holes on the hub a certain way so make sure its correct.

Dan
Old 09-06-2011, 02:16 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that what i thought, my engine builder didnt take the time to figure this out before he put the hub on. how hard is it to take the hub off and can i do it with the engine in the car??
Old 09-06-2011, 05:04 PM
TECH Veteran

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

you could just bolt on the front piece of the pulley and then use a wheel puller to get it off or you can heat JUST the hub with a MAPP torch for about 10 minutes and it should come off. ATI told me to heat the hub which I did and after about 10-15 min I picked it up and it would literally fall on and off the crank. ONce it was fully seated I just let it cool and it was good, so I dont see why you couldnt just do that but in reverse order.

Quick Reply: ATI super damper