Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

F1 Stage 2 Clutch and Flywheel for my 01 WS6?

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2011, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F1 Stage 2 Clutch and Flywheel for my 01 WS6?

Hey guys,
I was thinking about buying a Stage 2 clutch and flywheel from F1 Racing but i have heard different opinions on their products. Is it a good idea or a bad idea? I am pushing 360rwhp and dont wanna spend $2000 for an Exedy clutch. Any advice would be awesome, thanks.
Old 09-09-2011, 11:29 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Nate_WS6ing
Hey guys,
I was thinking about buying a Stage 2 clutch and flywheel from F1 Racing but i have heard different opinions on their products. Is it a good idea or a bad idea? I am pushing 360rwhp and dont wanna spend $2000 for an Exedy clutch. Any advice would be awesome, thanks.
For your power level I would recommend a Level 1 Monster rated at 450rwhp. Our basic kit runs $629.99 with a 28lb billet steel flywheel. You can upgrade to an 18lb flywheel to free up some power to the wheels for an additional $50 and our premium kit includes a new slave cylinder for only $70 more. We also offer a 1 year warranty with unlimited mileage against manufacturers defect. Feel free to contact me with any questions. Chris, 817-750-2000
Old 09-09-2011, 01:44 PM
Staging Lane

The question in my in my mind remains, does anybody have experience with an F1 clutch kit in an LS1 car? No "I heard from another guy who heard" or "They Suck, but I never personally ran one" responses.

I have been looking at clutches lately and I don't buy there are 20 different clutch factories. Almost all car part production has been consolidated, look at FM/Speed Pro/Sealed Power for example.

Other than color of paint, a cursory glance shows no difference in the various parts from different vendors. If I am off base then vendors need to say "Our clutch is produced by XXX for us".

I say try it. You really think there are 20 different manufacturers producing 4140 flywheels or clutch discs?
Old 09-12-2011, 10:42 AM

Johhny,
I agree! Even before i became a registered member with ls1tech i searched threads on clutches and ive had no luck finding anyone who actually put an F1 clutch in their LS1. Any advice or knowledge would be awesome from anyone who knows the performance of that combo. My stock clutch is fine, I would just like to tear it down and check the components, and probably upgrade to a stage 2.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:18 PM
Staging Lane

I'd like to see the clutch companies confirm to us the parts are produced in America by Americans by telling us who makes their components. I don't need to know the material mixes, just who produces them.

Easy to say "Made In USA" when the steel is from China and boxed in the USA...

Monster, Diamond, and others, tell us.
Old 09-12-2011, 02:34 PM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by big johhny
I'd like to see the clutch companies confirm to us the parts are produced in America by Americans by telling us who makes their components. I don't need to know the material mixes, just who produces them.

Easy to say "Made In USA" when the steel is from China and boxed in the USA...

Monster, Diamond, and others, tell us.
I won't speak for anyone else but me and I'm surely not going to tell you who makes my stuff.

All our frictions come out of Ohio, our steel is shipped to our machine shop in North Texas from Pennsylvania, our pressure plates are from Missouri. I have all our parts made here in the USA except bearings, slaves, and alignment tools. If ever any of my products are found to be outsourced by those engineers then I change (has happened once). We keep a very tight grip on what is sold here. We're actually in the process of moving the entire machine shop here in house so I can keep a better eye on things, plus, when we start machining our new twins, triples, and singles then we'll have full control save frictions and that is coming next year.

All aftermarket clutches appear to be the same, that definetly doesn't make them the same. Hell, you can make a 300C look like a Bentley, but, it's still a 300C.

Quick Reply: F1 Stage 2 Clutch and Flywheel for my 01 WS6?