Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Newbie with Toyota!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2011, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Newbie with Toyota!!!

Hey guys, I am new here. Name is Brandon, I go by my last name which is Blitch. 31 and live in Georgia! I found this place while searching for info on doing a motor swap in my 1993 Toyota. I was lost on info on what I wanted to put in my truck. I had ideas going all over the place from a VW diesel all the way to just rebuilding my original. I have done some research and I know it will cost a little bit more, but an LSx motor (prob 5.3 with car goodies) will fit perfectly under the hood of my bodydropped Toyota! I am posting a picture of a truck that does not belong to me, but is my guideline for what my truck will look like before I paint it.

Again, this is not my truck, just a visual of what I will be putting this motor into. An LSx motor with car goodies is actually shorter in overall height than my stock 22re, so it will be a great fit, and when I take my truck on those long cruises to truck shows, I should be able to expect some really good fuel economy!

I will be poking my head around trying to learn eevrything I can about this swap, while working on the suspension of my truck and trying to blow my motor. I will be collecting parts drivetrain wise also, as I go, so I will have most of it here waiting on me when I get started!
Old 09-14-2011, 06:48 AM
On The Tree

There's a motor in that truck?

Anyway, good luck with the build! I'd double check the measurements to make sure though. Is that with the oil pan included the the height is shorter than the stock motor?
Old 09-14-2011, 11:56 AM

Yes. There is a motor in that truck! Lol

I found just by typing into Google, that the overall height of an LS1 is between 24-25 inches. This is assuming they are talking about either the shortest oil pan available and the car intake. Honestly, I think if they can fit it into a Corvetter, I don't see why I can't fit it into my engine bay. I can't seem to find it right now, but I read somewhere that bottom of oil pan to top of intake manifold is right at 24.5 inches.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:08 PM

, LS1 overall height is 24-25"

This was copied straight off www.chevroletls1.com, plus I had saw it somewhere else.

I hope this is true. I'd hate to end up going through all of this, just to have to cut a hole in my hood anyways. I hate how it looks with a motor coming through the hood unless it has a big 6-71 blower sitting up there. Anyways, I think I have found somewhere I can hang for a little while and gain some information.
Old 09-16-2011, 11:38 PM

So does anyone have any info or pics of an LS1 in one of these small trucks? I am not finding much info that will help me out.
Old 09-17-2011, 06:35 AM
Launching!

welcome to ls1tech

FYI you need search in conversions/hybird section. I remmy a guy build nice low toy here >name:Wic??

Last edited by Pony Exp.305; 09-17-2011 at 06:44 AM. Reason: edit