Conversions & Swaps LSX Engines in Non-LSX Vehicles
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Actual height of LS1

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2011, 10:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Actual height of LS1

Does anyone have an LS motor sitting on and engine stand with car intake and Corvette oil pan. I am trying to fit an LS1 into a 1993 Toyota Truck that has airbag suspension and has a channeled floor sot the rocker panels sit on the ground. I am trying to keep my stock hood and not have to cut a hole or use a cowl induction hood. I will be fabricating my own motor mounts and will have to re-build my tans tunnel in the truck probably, but I don't want to use anything but a stock hood. I know my factory engine is about ~28 inches tall from bottom of oil pan to highest point of intake manifold. I have seen somewhere that an LS1 is around 24-25 inches. I would like to confirm this before I go buying an engine. I am probably going to buy a 4.8 or 5.3 and use a car intake with shortest oil pan possible. So my question is: Can someone put a measuring tape on an LS1 with shortest oil pan possible and car intake?
Old 09-19-2011, 08:32 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

At work now. but if I remember when I get home I will take a look.

But the Truck engine (LQ4, pan and intake) is 28.25" so. your in the ball park for your old factory engine of 28".
Old 09-19-2011, 10:18 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you look at message 5 from this thread it has the dimensions you are looking for.
https://ls1tech.com/forums/conversio...imensions.html
The second picture is the one with the batwing C5 oil pan.
Old 09-20-2011, 08:43 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I just measured my LS1. from the top of the Pan Rail to the top of the intake/fuel rail. it was just a bit over 19". Add the sump measurement of what pan your using and you will hae your total measurement. Just bit over 24" with a F-Body pan.

Quick Reply: Actual height of LS1