Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Transmission problem.. help

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 12:24 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problem.. help

My camaro seems to make a odd noise i think its a pilot bearing but im not sure so heres whats going on
When i push the clutch all the way down and rev the motor it makes kind of grindy vibrating noise, its not a gear grind. it wont make the noise if the car is at lower rpms about 2 grand and below but above that the car will make the noise. usually dosent matter if its in gear or not but if its at higher rpms and i shift it will make the noise just for a second until i let the clutch out. so it has sumthing to do with the clutch being all the way down. i know its hard to tell without actually hearing it or driving the car but if anyone knows that would really help.
Old 09-23-2011, 08:36 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so know one knows what it could be?
Old 09-23-2011, 10:05 PM
Launching!

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is very ironic, I literally just had this problem a few days ago after just getting my clutch changed.

There was sort of growl or "vvvVVVVvvvv" type buzzing noise for a split second when you went to engage gear, before the clutch was let out... which started to happen in every gear and then sometimes when revving.

It ended up being the pilot bearing. Check out my thread here: https://ls1tech.com/forums/manual-tr...e-ls1-t56.html