Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Safe

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2011, 10:12 PM
Staging Lane

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Safe

Would i be safe to run a 150 shot on a LS1 H/C/I with stock pistons or should i stay at 100 until i build the bottom end. It wont be a all the time abuse, but want to have it when I need it.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:15 PM
On The Tree

slap some rod bolts in there if ya can. but there are people running up to 300 wet on the stock rotating assembly. it's all in the tune. if you are running 100 now and you know how to check plugs and adjust then i'd say go with the 150 and pull some timing then check the plugs and see where you are at.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:33 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by owndjoo
slap some rod bolts in there if ya can. but there are people running up to 300 wet on the stock rotating assembly. it's all in the tune. if you are running 100 now and you know how to check plugs and adjust then i'd say go with the 150 and pull some timing then check the plugs and see where you are at.
i am not running a 100 yet i just got the 102mm Nitrous outlet plate system and i am getting ready to install it this weekend and i am just curious of how high i can go safely.

I read the sticky and it said the bottom end is pretty safe to the 500-525 range and i am already at 450rwhp on just motor
Old 09-25-2011, 11:05 AM
On The Tree

id throw in the rod bolts. those are the weak point in the bottom end. plenty of people are spraying 300 wet on 450+whp cars with stock bottoms. just start small 75 or 100 and make sure your tune/timing is right. (check plugs) then bump up to the next level and pull timing and check plugs again. you got to take your time and be sure of your tune.
Old 09-25-2011, 08:46 PM
Staging Lane

Originally Posted by owndjoo
id throw in the rod bolts. those are the weak point in the bottom end. plenty of people are spraying 300 wet on 450+whp cars with stock bottoms. just start small 75 or 100 and make sure your tune/timing is right. (check plugs) then bump up to the next level and pull timing and check plugs again. you got to take your time and be sure of your tune.
will do thanks for the info
Old 09-25-2011, 10:25 PM
TECH Regular

There are many things you need to pay attention to do it right & safely

- Sprak Plugs : You will need NGK BR7EF ( 2-step Colder ) for any shot from 150 and lower. If you plan to go higher than that use NGK BR8EF ( 4-step Colder ) .. don't forget to gap the spark plugs to .032~.035

- Tuning : This is very important, tune your car for the size of shot you are looking for. If you use timing controller start by pulling 2 degrees for each 50 HP of N2O ( Very Safe )

- Fuel Supply : It is a must to upgrade your in-tank fuel pump when using wet system to Racetronix or Walbro 255 pump along with wiring harness since you will pull fuel from the rail

- Nitrous Pressure : The more shot, the more pressure drop ! .. try to use heater/Nano for your nitrous bottle to keep the pressure 950 psi .. alot having backfire because with the time the nitrous pressure drop, your intake fill up with fuel ( Fuel being more than Nitrous in the mixture ) >> running rich >> and cause back fire