Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

1979 trans am all ready for your ls1 swap!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2011, 11:29 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 1979 trans am all ready for your ls1 swap!

Year: 1979
Make: Pontiac
Model: Trans Am
Price: $2500
Mileage: 100000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): NJ
Color: Black
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has LS engine

I am putting up my 1979 Pontiac Trans AM, that is a complete rolling chasis. It is set up for an ls1 and 4l60e transmission. This car has had the following done to it: brand new floors (professionally done), new eibach lowering coil springs, brand new monroe shocks all the way around, new moog ball joints, PTFB solid control arm bushings, polyurethane body bushings, PTFB GEN V bolt in sub frame connectors, Pypes crossflow stainless steel exhaust, custom built aluminum driveshaft from the driveshaft shop in fairfield nj, completely new PTFB steering system (new tie rods, sleeves, drag link, idler arm, pitman arm, and new steering box which is from a 1988 IROC z28), Recaro seats, brand new fuel tank with drop in fuel injection pump from Tanks Inc, complete brand new stainless steel braided lines front to back from Inline Tube, completely new brake systems from the brake booster, lines, master cylinder, proportioning valves, calipers, cross drilled and slotted rotors,ceramic pads, drums, etc. Custom built engine wiring harness made from only the highest quality OEM parts, Custom tuned 98 Camaro ls1 pcm, new carpet, spare new carpet (ordered two and just too lazy to send it back), 78 front nose (complete), spare interior parts, spare exterior parts, has 15x7 mid 80s trans am wheels on it. The car was stripped down, and everything coated in either epoxy or POR 15. This car was built to have an ls1 and 4l60e in it, and had one in it before I removed it six weeks ago. It still has the PCM and wiring harness in it from the ls1/4l60e. This car comes with all the accessories needed to put the ls1 in it, all you need is an engine and transmission! Email, call or text me for more information about it! Dont knock the ls1's power and reliability until you have driven a trans am that has been properly retrofitted with it! (this car was an original 301 pontiac/th350. I have the original build sheet for it as well).

This car would also be great to do either a resto on, or a more conventional modding too (nasty poncho or olds motor in it, or the sbc bbc route as well!)

973-349-0570.

looking to get 2500 obo for it, and its located in bridgewater, NJ

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...m/DSCN0773.jpg

http://i21.photobucket.com/albums/b2...m/yeaaaboy.jpg

you guys can also search for my build thread on here, and it will show all of the things i did to get the ls1 to work. I drove this car for about 2 months, and then sold the engine because the tranmission blew up on the car (used tranny). no need to do any hard work, because its already been done. get a nice ls1/4l60e combo and just drop it in and go!

lookin to get 2500 obo
Old 10-02-2011, 05:47 PM
On The Tree

bumpin it up
Old 10-02-2011, 07:56 PM
Teching In

Too bad your not in oklahoma
Old 10-07-2011, 10:52 AM
On The Tree