Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Great Work/Winter Car!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 11:58 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default 2002 Pontiac Grand Prix Great Work/Winter Car!!

Year: 2002
Make: Pontiac
Model: Grand Prix
Price: $1300
Mileage: 161000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): IL
Color: Silver
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Front Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

For Sale:

2002 Pontiac Grand Prix GT Coupe
Mileage: 161,000
Motor : 3800 V6
Transmission : Automatic

Features:

Power Tilt Sunroof
Auto Dimming Mirror with OnStar, temperature readout and compass
Polished Alloy Wheels
Cloth Interior
Factory Stereo/CD Player
Power Locks
Power Windows
Power Adjustable Driver’s Seat

About the car :

I am the second owner of the car, I have owned it since 2006 and have put over 100k miles on the car. Recently the transmission in the car went south on me, it still does drive but transmission does slip and is slow to get up to speed, most likely needs a new/refurbished transmission. Have never had a problem with the engine and the car still runs great, does leak a little oil and uses a little as well. Also recently notice a front end shake/shimmy that is pretty significant at times, tires up front are in need of replacement and this should fix that issue. The car has two new wheel bearings but the ABS light is on and ABS is not functional at this time.

Body on the car is 5/6 out of 10 or what would be reasonably expected from a 161,000 mile car, there are a couple of surface rust spots but nothing significant, does have a fist sized dent or so in drivers side quarter panel where I bumped a pole. Driver’s side sill plate is also loose as Chicago winters have taken a toll on the pot metal/metal brace underneath that sill plate. Paint is also probably a 5/6 out of a 10.

Interior of the car is a gray cloth, the drivers side seat is a bit worn in the left corner, carpet is good overall with a few stains, and is worn through on the drivers side where my heel has resided for the last 100k miles, additionally the clip on the trim piece that houses the power window and lock controls on the drivers door is broken but the trim piece still sits in the housing fine. Other than that the LED display on the clock for the radio is burnt out but the radio and CD player still works fine. The car will also need a new shift solenoid as well.

With a refurbished transmission and a couple of front tires this would make someone a very suitable car to drive to work or for winter driving (the car gets around great in the winter).

Please feel free to PM me with any more questions you may have, I represent everything that I sell very honestly (note my trader rating) and would be happy to help you out with whatever other questions you may have.

Price: $1300 OBO

Would be happy to send pictures to interested parties.

Thanks,

Jeff
Old 09-29-2011, 08:01 AM
TECH Apprentice

Bump...
Old 10-01-2011, 01:56 PM
TECH Apprentice

Bump...