Introductions & Greetings New to the site? Say hello!

Lurker checking in

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2011, 06:38 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Lurker checking in

So apparently i've been a member on this forum since 2006 and I have never posted anything... I just posted in a thread like normal and shocked myself when I looked at the stats.

Anyways, my name is Mark and I live in Orlando, FL. I own a 2004 Mustang that is currently down and I have been heavily searching this board finding answers that I need.

Car used to be a built 4.6L Ford Modular motor putting down 598 rwhp/ 650 rwtq on 15 psi through a built T56/IRS. I ended up losing part of a ringland off the #8 cylinder a while ago and have been tossing around different ideas on what to throw in there next.

I bought some Diamond forged pistons for the car and was going to rebuild my mod motor to find out that my block is NOT bored .020 over like I thought, I did NOT have CP pistons in it that I paid for, the fly-cuts in the pistons were done with some sort of dremel tool and they look random as hell. Weird that the ringland broke where the fly-cuts were done... This ended up making me sick to my stomach and I honestly haven't even thought about the car in weeks. Pissed me off beyond belief.

I have since sold the T56, traded the IRS for a 8.8 solid, and purchased a JW TH400. When it comes to motors, I could do all the machine work to my current motor or sell it all off in favor for something LS based. My options are:
-6.0 carb'd using my turbo kit (favorite option)
-6.0 carb'd with lots of nitrous
-6.0 FI using my turbo (least favorite option)

Here are some pics of my Mustang. Hopefully it'll be LS powered the next time you all see it:

I'll continue to search the boards for all the info I need. Thanks for posting useful information.