Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

FS:1996 Silverado Extended Cab 1/2 ton-$5400

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-2011, 03:06 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default FS:1996 Silverado Extended Cab 1/2 ton-$5400

Year: 1996
Make: Chevrolet
Model: Silverado
Price: $5400
Mileage: 142000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): KS
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

This is quite possibly one of the nicer ones left on the road. A true second owner truck that has had a very easy life! Truck has all the options for the year and a few additional ones added by me. I've meticulously maintained this truck and I think you will agree once you've seen it in person. There is absolutely nothing wrong with the truck, bought it from our family's dealership, I drive it to/from work daily and just last weekend I took it on a 400 mile round trip with no problems. Doesn't use or leak a drop of oil and everything's been updated/maintained. Hate to sell the truck but my kids are getting too big to fit in the back so I'm upgrading to a 4 door.
1996 Chevy Silverado Extended Cab (not a third door truck), 142k miles, gets about 16mpg on the hwy, 14 in the city, has the new style (96/newer) dash and is a 5.7 liter Vortec motor. Truck has factory CD, factory compass mirror and leather bucket seats.. Has a true towing package with the oversized tranny cooler and receiver hitch (I've never towed with it). Truck doesn't have any rust or a dent in it. I recently had the entire truck PDR'd (had a few hail dents so I went ahead and had them fixed along with all of the door dings-cost around $1800 for all). I've replaced the body side moldings as they had faded/peeled and put new taillamps in it as they where fading.
-Things I've done in the last 3 years:
-New A/C compressor and evaporator this summer
-New GM HVAC control module (if you know these trucks you know this fails at about 100k-expensive part to replace that will last for the rest of the trucks lifetime)
-New HVAC defrost/heat/a/c switches (these are the modules inside the dash that control where the air comes out--had to pull entire dash from the firewall to get access-if you know these trucks you know this can be a common failure with miles and most people don't bother to fix it as it's very laborious)
-New GM fuel pump and sendor (replaced fuel filter at same time)
-New Magnaflow dual exhaust
-K&N cold air kit
-New intake gaskets (if you know these trucks-they are notorious for leaking-I replaced with a kit that fixes the factory defect)
-New MSD distributor cap, rotor, wires and platinum plugs
-Injector's cleaned when installed fuel pump
-New radiator (had a small leak last year)
-Tinted windows
-Remote start with keyless entry
-Front end rebuild (included replaced front wheel bearings on both lt and rt sides) and alignment (front tires are brand new as well)
-Replaced engine oil pan gasket as had small leak in rear
-New front brakes 2 years ago

Truck runs/drives/shifts perfect. No problems whatsoever, I can send additional pics if you would like. Priced above many in the market but as you can tell in the attached NADA sheet, it's still below what you would pay for this truck on a dealers lot... and it's in better than used car lot condition. Really is a nice truck.

http://s124.photobucket.com/albums/p...6%20Silverado/