Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

UMI QA1 Front Suspension Question

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UMI QA1 Front Suspension Question

Thanks in advance for any help... Directions that came with the parts I found a lil confusing so Im coming here for confirmation. First of all, do I have the spring perch and jam nut oriented correctly? The spring perch should be the one with the big shoulder and below that the jam nut with the small shoulder, correct?

Also, when I install the spring onto the perch and upper mount the way it looks like it should go, the QA1 logo on the spring is upside down...Normal?

Now, I just want to make sure I have the correct order for the upper shock mount/dog biscuit/control arm mount in the correct order. Currently as the picture shows, I have the shock/spring, then the upper "rubber" spring mount, dog biscuit with "nubs" upwards, then control arm mount... Correct?

And one more thing , I have the UMI front LS1 k-member and I told them I was going with manual steering. They recommended I get a rack from Madman. I was planning on it but until I found out I would need to weld a bracket/plate to the fresh powder coating of the new k-member... This made me lean towards the BMR kit that utilizes the Flaming River rack which requires no fab or welding with BMR's bracket. Any major difference between the two? None that I've seen from my research. Ok, Im done for now...Thanks-Jeremy
Old 10-04-2011, 10:23 PM
TECH Veteran

yup all good
Old 10-05-2011, 09:57 PM
Teching In

^Thanks, any recommendation for Manual steering rack?

Quick Reply: UMI QA1 Front Suspension Question