Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Delted Torque Management wiped 1-2 in my trans only basic bolt-ons

Search this Thread

Old 03-09-2004, 03:43 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Delted Torque Management wiped 1-2 in my trans only basic bolt-ons

Until recently, I basically have just Maganaflow catback, Underdrive crank pulley and lid/FTRA and 3.42s. When I first deleted torque management, I got nice barking shifts. I decided to build up the trans while I was doing a torque conveter and the builder said the 1-2 band was almost gone and the drum was pretty gone too. I hope it's all because I'm making more power than I think.. anyway, beware deleting torque management on a stock trans. I'm going to leave it deleted with my performance rebuild.
Old 03-09-2004, 06:58 AM
LS1Tech Administrator

Received 1,493 Likes on 1,075 Posts

FYI, my band was fu(ked up pretty bad in my last trans (It was cracked and worn) even with TM in place, so I wouldn't look to necessarily place the blame on that.

Had you done anything to raise line pressure excessivily, like raising it with tuning? Or doing a tuning pressure raise and running a shift kit?

I have now removed TM altogether, because I got sick of how it felt. My current trans should be able to hold up without TM just fine. Lots of guys with stock transmissions going for 10s of thousands of miles without TM.
Old 03-09-2004, 07:24 AM
TECH Resident

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

I too have my TM deleted, WITH the installation of a TC, Transgo, & TCI flexplate, bolted to a basically stock motor with a few bolt ons, AND HAVE ABSOLUTLY NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER.

SteveC
Old 03-13-2004, 12:36 AM
TECH Senior Member

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts

no problems here.i had it deleted over a year ago.
Old 03-13-2004, 12:46 AM
TECH Veteran

Originally Posted by SteveC
I too have my TM deleted, WITH the installation of a TC, Transgo, & TCI flexplate, bolted to a basically stock motor with a few bolt ons, AND HAVE ABSOLUTLY NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER.

SteveC

I have the TransGo, billet servos, stock stall, and NO TqMgt... tranny works great and has been for 1000s of miles...

TqMgt causes more problems by dropping line pressure at the top of the shift.
Old 03-16-2004, 03:37 AM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

same here.deleted tm a year ago.runs great at the track except blew my 3-4 clutch pack on a 150shot out of the hole.ouch! but the bugga is fix now.
Old 03-18-2004, 02:33 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Will deleting TM help my performance at all? Does it really make the shifts a lot cleaner and harder? Thanks
Old 03-18-2004, 02:36 PM
TECH Resident

Originally Posted by PunkNPonys
Will deleting TM help my performance at all? Does it really make the shifts a lot cleaner and harder? Thanks
It definitely helps. With 370hp at the wheels and TM, I couldn't spin the tires going into 2nd gear. After deleting it, the car would go sideways into 2nd. The shifts are completed much faster.
Old 03-18-2004, 03:21 PM
TECH Apprentice

The TM pulls timing practically to zero. I had a weird whoosh sound through my catback on the shifts before the deletion...

Dean

Originally Posted by JimTA
It definitely helps. With 370hp at the wheels and TM, I couldn't spin the tires going into 2nd gear. After deleting it, the car would go sideways into 2nd. The shifts are completed much faster.