Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

First suspension upgrade. Thoughts?

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2011, 06:48 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default First suspension upgrade. Thoughts?

Title says it all. This is the first suspension upgrade I plan on doing for future improvements.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=102&ModelID=8

I plan on ordering these LCA's

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetai...=102&ModelID=8

And these relocation brackets.

I have no lowered the car but do plan on it soon with Strano springs and SLP Bilstein shocks.

My question is, I know I want adjustable LCA's but should I get the ones I linked or another type. The on car adjustable sounds to good to pass up I hope. Does this sound like a decent first upgrade?
Old 10-12-2011, 07:09 PM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

LCAs are definitly a good place to start, and the relocation brackets can benefit you, even on a stock height car.

The way I see it is, it really comes down to which one is more important to you: saving money, or saving time.

The on-car adjustables save time in adjusting them, but cost a little more.

The standard adjustables take a little longer to adjust, but are a little cheaper.

Really, both do the same job, the only differences are ease of set up, and price. Unless your completely dialing in your car for the track, you may just set them once, and never touch them again.

Im runnuing UMI Poly/Rod LCAs, PHR, Bolt-in Relocation brackets, and tunnel mounted Tq Arm w/DS Loop, and am very happy with the quality of the parts. I havent been to the track to get it completely dialed in, but I really like the solid feel on the street.
Old 10-12-2011, 07:25 PM
On The Tree

Much appreciated for the quick reply! You did however make a good point on the on car adjustable LCA's. Think I'll save a few dollars and go with the other one towards my PHB. Thank you for the tip and once I get them in and installed I will try and update!
Old 10-13-2011, 05:13 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

What do you plan on doing with the car and what do you want to improve?
Old 10-13-2011, 05:49 PM
12 Second Club

I would do SFC's. They will help every other suspension component and have not adversely affected the ride quality my car.

Quick Reply: First suspension upgrade. Thoughts?