Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

is brake upgrade worth it?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 10:10 AM
TECH Resident

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default is brake upgrade worth it?

current setup, c5 z06 calipers and c5 z06 cross drilled slotted rotors, russell stainless lines, factory pads. I like the ctsv calipers but is upgrade worth the time and money vs. performance?
Old 10-17-2011, 10:47 AM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If you auto-x or HPDE your car, then yes it is in the long run (cheaper pads available, more pad selection, better stopping ability, require less bleeding, sometimes lighter than stock stuff). If you don't auto-x or HPDE, then IMO..NO, it's not.

I'd also look at Wilwood kits as they are a really good cost effective choice and you can usually find some used for sale. The Wilwood and other big brand calipers use commonly found/used pads which reduces pad cost and increase pad selection
Old 10-17-2011, 12:04 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by SIK02SS
If you auto-x or HPDE your car, then yes it is in the long run (cheaper pads available, more pad selection, better stopping ability, require less bleeding, sometimes lighter than stock stuff). If you don't auto-x or HPDE, then IMO..NO, it's not.

I'd also look at Wilwood kits as they are a really good cost effective choice and you can usually find some used for sale. The Wilwood and other big brand calipers use commonly found/used pads which reduces pad cost and increase pad selection
Indeed.

The major performance benifits of the big brake kits or, in this case, the CTS-V Bembos wouldn't be realized until you really start pushing on them. The setup you're running now has the capability of tremendous stopping power depending on pad selection.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!

Quick Reply: is brake upgrade worth it?