Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

Thinking of swapping out my Turbos for bigger ones.....

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2011, 05:24 PM
9 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Thinking of swapping out my Turbos for bigger ones.....

I currently have twin 67's and they put out decent power at 908RWHP at 23PSI through a TH400 but I'm looking for more volume and more MPH on the big end.

I was looking at 76's because they'll bolt right in without tweaking the piping. I'm also concerned about building boost quick enough on the Tbrake at the lights on the track. But if it makes up for it enough after the 60ft it could be a reliable quick little sleeper. I went with some cheap parts on my original build using truck manifolds backwards, LS6 intake, stock throttlebody and CNC'd heads with bigger valves but no real detailed manual smoothing.

I think I have bigger Turbo syndrome!

It's been a while since I've looked at Turbo's and the technology is really getting crazy good numbers and quicker spooling. I'd like to see maybe 175MPH or so at the beams on the big end. Anyone have a good recommendation?
Old 10-17-2011, 05:38 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chasgiv3
I currently have twin 67's and they put out decent power at 908RWHP at 23PSI through a TH400 but I'm looking for more volume and more MPH on the big end.

I was looking at 76's because they'll bolt right in without tweaking the piping. I'm also concerned about building boost quick enough on the Tbrake at the lights on the track. But if it makes up for it enough after the 60ft it could be a reliable quick little sleeper. I went with some cheap parts on my original build using truck manifolds backwards, LS6 intake, stock throttlebody and CNC'd heads with bigger valves but no real detailed manual smoothing.

I think I have bigger Turbo syndrome!

It's been a while since I've looked at Turbo's and the technology is really getting crazy good numbers and quicker spooling. I'd like to see maybe 175MPH or so at the beams on the big end. Anyone have a good recommendation?

Either Turbonetics or PTE's would drop in.....both will make the #'s you want, both have Billet wheels, both have lots of housing options......etc.
Old 10-17-2011, 05:53 PM
TECH Apprentice

I still have some for sale in the classifieds section. My turbo kit was designed for a single kit so to use the twin 76's I would have to redo all the hot side piping.

Here is the link:
https://ls1tech.com/forums/parts-cla...76-turbos.html
Old 10-18-2011, 11:29 PM
9 Second Club

My pricing that I'm looking at is significantly cheaper than your posted asking price.