Military Hotrod Club For our members in the Armed Forces

Air Force housing

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2011, 09:58 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air Force housing

Well I am joining the Air Force, and I'm excited about it, but I did have a question about military housing and was wondering if anyone could answer these questions..

1. I hear you can live on base or off base. What kind of choices do you have either way?

2. Since I like working on my car and what not, are the garages available to you big enough for bigger tools like lifts, welders, air compressors, etc. ?

I know its early to be thinking about housing and stuff when I haven't even left for bootcamp yet lol, but it just crossed my mind and wanted to know what you guys did.
Old 10-19-2011, 01:01 AM
Launching!

if you arent married you are living in the dorms... until you hit your 3 year mark... or you get married... which its not worth it..
there is an auto hobby shop that you can use a lift and tools for a fee...
Old 10-19-2011, 02:46 AM
Staging Lane

Yup. The only non-married folks I've seen get out of living in the dorms were females that were stationed at a training base that didn't have enough female rooms. If you're lucky, you will have a job with a shop that has a bay, tools, and non-uptight leadership that will let you work on your own stuff as long as it's not company time. I've done everything from lift kits to axles swaps, and full drive-train removals at "work".
Old 10-19-2011, 03:03 AM
Trunion King

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by EODguyJake
Yup. I've done everything from lift kits to axles swaps, and full drive-train removals at "work".
Yeah, I did my heads/cam at "work". I used the shop's big *** bay, just brought my own tools/jack, etc. I worked on my car after work and during the weekends.
Old 10-20-2011, 08:14 AM
TECH Apprentice

alright just wanted to know, thanks guys