Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Help! just installed trans go hd 2

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2011, 09:02 PM
8 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Help! just installed trans go hd 2

Ok so i just finished the shift kit install and it shifts great from 1-2 and shift great 2-3 and when its in drive it acts fine but when i put it in overdrive going down the highway it will seem like a down shift but thats not what it its it almost feels like slipping but i dont belive thats either because it shifted fine before the kit any thoughts? could it be the 4th accumulator spring thing? THANK YOU!
and for an example i was crusing about 65 and went on a slight slope (barely any more gas and the rpms just start climbing up to about 3000 then they will got back down almost as a down shift but its not because the rpms are higher when in drive and going 65 approx 3500. Any thoughts greatly appriciated

Last edited by devin.918; 10-21-2011 at 09:15 PM.
Old 10-22-2011, 12:57 AM
8 Second Club

ok so i found a little rod/stud type thing in my oil catch can and now that i think about it the one n the 4th accumulator didnt have one when i put the new spring and the piston back in there... i also forgot to install the new boast valve because i thought that was in the pump and not accesabile with just the pan off. could either of these be my problem?
Old 10-22-2011, 07:13 AM
FormerVendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yes. The rod you found is actually the accumulator piston pin. Without it you have a massive fluid leak in 4th and indeed there is significant slippage taking place. DO not drive it again until you have repaired it.

Goa ahead and install the boost valve assy while you're in there. It was put in the kit for a reason and is a very good idea.

g
Old 10-22-2011, 08:23 AM
8 Second Club

ok thanks so much! can i drive it to work today? i dont use over drive because work is in town...