Possible outcomes on Low oil

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 02:51 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Possible outcomes on Low oil

Car stranded me tonight due to me hot rodding. I went for a drive and showed a friend of mine my trans am Long story short took off from a dig then went through 1-2 like a champ then comming to a stop car just died out and would not come back on. Had to call a tow truck looks like the charge was drained? What would make that do that? When I got the car home I realized that it was dangerously low on oil but never saw that low oil lite like usual and the oil was changed about 500 miles ago. Now I cranked it and it did turn over but I hear a slight knock any guesses on the sound? Would it be a valve. Im going to change the oil tomorrow and see if any metal comes out also going to cut the oil filter to see as well. And fill her up again with oil. Sucks not knowing.
Old 10-24-2011, 01:38 AM
TECH Addict

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

could be a lifter. no way to know for sure with out tearing it down. are on the factory pump still? does the car ever blow smoke? have you pulled the plugs yet/recently?

see what the oil and filter look like and if the car still lives i'd do a leak down just out of curiosity.