Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

Intermittent Clutch Issues!

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 12:34 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Intermittent Clutch Issues!

So last night after about a solid 45 mins of driving I pulled into a parking lot and was about to get a primo parking spot right up front of the buffalo wild wings. I didnt see the spot till last second and passed it up so I put the car in reverse. When I started letting the clutch out it felt like it was going to die. I know how to drive so it wasn't driver error and I let it out just a bit more and it almost pushed itself back at me and killed the car. When I started the car back up I couldn't put it back into any gears. So what I did was have my girlfriend hop in the drivers seat and steer my car into the parking spot (I still wanted to be front row! haha) and I pushed the car in. Once I was settled in I restarted the car and it went into the gears fine and the clutch felt good. Prior to getting it in the spot I pushed the clutch down twice and it stuck both times and I had to lift it back up with my foot. I checked the fluid level today and it seems to be low. Although on my drive home last night everything went smoothly and I had no problems. Drove it this morning no problems either. Anybody got a clue on what this could be about? It's a T56 if you haven't guessed already.