Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

A body swap help

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2011, 07:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default A body swap help

I've been gathering parts slowly in stages to finish my ls2 build in my 72 chevelle. I am now trying to knock down the clutch pedal and all other pieces. I heard the ground up is a good bargain on clutch/brake pedal assembly.... anyone use this pedal? Also besides the pedal what else do i need to purchase to complete? I already bought a luk ls7 clutch,flywheel and a speed bleeder. Any help from you guys is greatly appreciated. this is my first swap and can get very confusing. Thanks Kevin
Old 10-22-2011, 07:44 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you using a T56 ?

Any Repo clutch pedal setup will work, you need to get or make a Clutch Master adapter plate (see the FAQ for template) and mod the clutch pedal for the correct angle and travel of the Masters rod. I used the template and made my plate from 1/8" metal.

Ground UP / www.ss396.com is a good vendor to buy parts, I did get some from them in the past. I might have even got my repo pedals from them (can't remeber its been a while)?

You need the Throwout bearing, the plate, Master and pedals.. that would be about it. Some have used OEM and other have used Aftermarket Master (Wilwood,AFCO or Speedway), which could/would cause a different setup on your Pedals.

You can see my setup i my build (follow my link in my sig).
Old 10-22-2011, 08:17 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think ill just spend the 30 bucks for the eBay master bracket. I got the throwout bushing etc w clutch. So other Then that ...I guess I just need to have a part welded on my pedal to help w the angle?