Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

427 sleeved...possibly...

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2011, 06:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default 427 sleeved...possibly...

thinking of one...like i said possibly. but im looking for real world results and what would happen if i did it my way (cheaper...lol)

so ive got a 04 crate in my car, LS6 block. got h/c/i.

first, i know that sleeving an LS6 block is not as ideal as sleeving an LS1 block. out to a 4.125 bore...but ive seen good results with this. but for this..im going with it sleeved and with good forged internals...nitrous...not huge huge shot...

heads---really torn on this one. the LS7 heads are bad boy heads...thats not news. and with some porting they're awesome!!! but aftermarket makes some awesome cathedral heads. only reason i would like to go cathedral is so i can utilize my fast 92/95 (ported to 95mm) its a good intake...not the best for that displacement.

intake-kind of covered it. but thinking just a stock LS7 intake. i can probably port it for my 95mm tb and use what i got.

mostly in the build. im wanting to utilize what i already have. i know i went in this 346 direction, but seeing if i can make a decent transition.

what im thinking of re-using.

block
oil pump (melling)
timing set (katech)
lifters (new ls7) 500 miles
cam- pat g 231/239 .617/.623 114+4 (i know this would be a tame cam for a 427...but this cam is a little more wild than the stock LS7 cam. i could possibly step up to some 1.8 rr which would give me .653?/.660? and make my cam a little more aggresive)

i wouldnt need to do much of a conversion on this one...keeping the same block and all. some possible injector stuff. not hard. also wanting to upgrage pcm's before the swap for ease of tuning.

but im thinking it would be a great setup. great heads dont REQUIRE a nasty cam to make power. so im looking at (like) an LS7 with better heads, better cam, and doesnt need a lot of crazy stuff for the swap. possibly 550rwhp plus holds a 200 shot.

lets get some opinions!!!
Old 10-26-2011, 07:12 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Contact ERL about sleeving your block. As for heads, consider MAST LS7 heads.

I'm not sure your existing cam would be ideal for the different style heads - might be worth checking with Patrick for his opinion. Considering this build will likely go north of $10K, dropping the money for a new cam probably would be worth the investment up front.
Old 10-26-2011, 09:13 PM
TECH Fanatic

Originally Posted by COPO9560
Contact ERL about sleeving your block. As for heads, consider MAST LS7 heads.

I'm not sure your existing cam would be ideal for the different style heads - might be worth checking with Patrick for his opinion. Considering this build will likely go north of $10K, dropping the money for a new cam probably would be worth the investment up front.
for sure erl. yeah at 6500 for the short block...then heads/intake. whats 400 for a cam?

guess i was wondering if it would be a decent cam or not, i know its more agressive than the LS7...and to be able to use the flow of the heads, i think more lift would be better.
Old 10-27-2011, 05:47 PM
TECH Fanatic

lets hear some more ideas!!!