PCM Diagnostics & Tuning HP Tuners | Holley | Diablo
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

maf tuning problems .. slp related ???

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 12:56 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 63 Likes on 51 Posts

Default maf tuning problems .. slp related ???

have a brand new 98-00 slp maf , removed the resistor on it and had my tuner do it up . he loaded a z06 maf tune and it ran good , turned the ac on and it hiccups under 2000 rpms esp when you shift at 2000 and the gear engages at 1500 and you give throttle , it hiccups or studders . its fine any other time .

Well he said he fixed it today , got it good , went out for a ride and it was fine , tied it again and it started doing it again , fuel trims 10 perfect off. Hes got it fine for now but why wouldn't it stay ??

is it him or the car learning or what ?

he blames it on the slp maf but the resistor is removed and it was a brand new maf before i installed it .

car is procharged with a p1 , and full exhaust are the only mods . Any ideas on why it changes or how i can fix it , also the car was fine before i ruined the stock maf , it got water on it .
Old 11-04-2011, 03:39 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It is not the maf. I would put a custom OS with a 2 bar sensor. I would then tune the VE and next the MAF.

Last edited by YellowToy/A; 11-04-2011 at 03:40 PM. Reason: bad
Old 11-05-2011, 01:23 PM
Launching!

Slp MAF are wierd sometimes when you tune on them and IMO i dont recommend them a descreened stock one is just fine . If you need any more air than that its time just to do a S.D. tune .. the engine is on a little differant peramiters when the A.C. is on Sounds like it needs some tuning on the V.E. tables like was stated above. Disable the MAF first, get the VE tables down then work on the MAF or due a 2bar S.D. tune ... I honestly cant stand the way most SLP MAF log they are never the same nor consistant ... But hey im a nobody that might have a hobby on the side lol
Old 11-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Launching!

Just reread your post . Noticed the procharger... Get a good tuner and go S.D. you will be happier !! just my .02

Quick Reply: maf tuning problems .. slp related ???