Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Head gasket and bolts

Search this Thread

Old 11-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Staging Lane

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Head gasket and bolts

What head gaskets and head bolts should i use for my 1998 ls1 with prc 5.3l heads?
Old 11-04-2011, 05:08 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

http://www.texas-speed.com/p-173-bas...asket-kit.aspx

That kit with the GM MLS 3.910" bore gaskets and early style (long and short) bolts would do nicely! If you've got enough piston to valve clearance, you could go with a thinner Cometic gasket instead.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 11-04-2011, 05:10 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

wow you will get alot of different answers on this one... cheapest would be the Fel-pro perma torque head gasket (they are steel MLS and are blue green in color), they are a good gasket and very cost effective. as far as head bolts... most cost effective would be stock (victor reys JR)... or you could spend alot and get cometics head gaskets through one of the sponsors on here and some ARP head bolts through the same sponsor. All depends on how much you want to spend and if you want reusable head bolts or ones that are TTY and can only be used once. Head gaskets should only be used once (i know i will get some nay sayers on this one, but its my opinion). try to purchase from one of the sponsors whatever you decide