Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Weird Issue with Shifting

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 11:22 AM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Weird Issue with Shifting

I got a 02 Silverado with the 5.3 and a 4L60E tranny. I had the stock tranny and it blew, had it rebuilt by Carmax. It blew again so they replaced it with a brand new 4L60E and now I'm having issues. But the dealership says its not slipping or lagging so if they tear into and nothing is wrong i have to pay out of pocket. So just looking for a little info before i have them do that.

While cruising if I step on the gas to make it down shift, it'll kick down and my RPM's go up and then it takes forever for it to accelerate. If I'm in first gear already and step on it, its fine and normal. Same from a dead stop, if i gun it from a dead stop no problems. Now I know its lagging, its my truck and my DD so i know how it feels and how it used to accelerate. The only mods i have are a TBS and a CAI. And have regularly changed the fluids. The last time i changed the fluids was a couple months ago before i went up north with it and everything looked fine that came out.

Ive herd it could be an issue with the Torque Converter and some switch it has or something? Does anyone have any knowledge or helpful info on what to do or where to look?

Last edited by BlueBallz; 11-09-2011 at 04:03 PM.
Old 11-10-2011, 04:46 PM
Teching In

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nothing?