Crank sensore help. 58 to 24 tooth

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 12:32 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crank sensore help. 58 to 24 tooth

ok i know lingenfelter makes this

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C163

and it is so if i have a newer engine with the 58 i can install it in an older car like a 98-02 f-body.

what about the other way around. i have a motor built for and f-body and what to stick it in a newer 58 tooth car.

how do i do that???
Old 11-09-2011, 03:33 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It doesn't work the other way around, nor have I seen any box to do so.

Largest Stocking Distributor of LS-x Engines / CHECK OUT OUR NEW WEBSITE!

COMP - FAST - PACESETTER - DIAMOND RACING - EAGLE SPECIALTY PRODUCTS - CALLIES - COMETIC GASKETS
RAM CLUTCHES - MOSER ENGINEERING - KOOK'S HEADERS - ARP - GM BOLTS AND GASKETS - MSD - NGK
POWERBOND - ASP - AND MORE!
Old 11-16-2011, 09:02 PM
LS1Tech Sponsor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Lingenfelter 24x to 58x conversion module

We are actually working on a conversion box to allow you to run an older 24x engine with the newer electronics designed for the 58x engines. We released the product to the industry and the media at the SEMA show earlier this month.

The product has been in development for well over a year now. We are past the initial development stage and have made several different prototype versions. Some early protypes have been in use for almost a year. We are now on the preproduction versions with what we think is the finalized circuit design complete. We have a dozen or so preproduction units in the field being tested but we are still making software changes to further improve the product. It will probably be sometime in January before we release the product to the general public.

The device works much like our existing conversion module (looks almost exactly the same just the connectors on the harness are different).

This module will allow an E38 or an E67 ECM to control any of the earlier 24x engines (LS1, LS6, etc.).

Price should be the same as our existing 58x to 24x conversion module. The warranty will also be the same as the existing product - 1 year unlimited mileage (just kidding - we aren't logging mileage 8-) ).

Originally Posted by Toxic-Evo
ok i know lingenfelter makes this

http://www.lingenfelter.com/mm5/merc...gory_Code=C163

and it is so if i have a newer engine with the 58 i can install it in an older car like a 98-02 f-body.

what about the other way around. i have a motor built for and f-body and what to stick it in a newer 58 tooth car.

how do i do that???

Quick Reply: Crank sensore help. 58 to 24 tooth