Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Back Shocks Only?

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2011, 01:32 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Back Shocks Only?

So my economic situation just experienced some complications and I'm looking for budget options. I dont want to by some half *** alright shocks only to replace them later when I want more from my car, so I thought maybe I could just replace the back shocks then move to the front when my wallet allows. I really need back shocks. So I can swing the cash for Konis in the back and maybe get Konis for the front next month. Any down side to this? Really what I want to know is will I notice a big difference overall and will I **** anything up? I'm no suspension guru so this is all new to me. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:39 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Honestly just changing out the rear shocks is not going to be detrimental to anything. I would just recommend changing the front soon after that way you have a nice handling well balanced car. We have the Konis in stock so let us know if we can help you out.

Find a Quality alignment shop near you!
Old 11-09-2011, 01:41 PM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I did figure it would hurt anything. And I would be getting the front shocks/springs by the end of the year if I were to change out my rears.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:51 PM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have changed them out at different times mainly due to the relative time it takes to do the rear (quick) compared to the front (longer). It was only about a week of driving in between though.

I would suggest just saving and getting the shocks all at once though. No need to just get half the set now if you are only waiting a month. But if the rears are really so terrible it won't be the end of the world only replacing the rears now.
Old 11-09-2011, 01:56 PM
LS1Tech Premium Sponsor

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

If you save up and buy them both together we actually offer a package that will essentially give you a set of our lowering springs since you save about $250 by buying springs with Konis from us.
(813) 986-9302

Like us on Facebook!
Old 11-09-2011, 04:42 PM
12 Second Club

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

^ save up and spring for the package. Just don't drive aggressively and you'll be fine.

Quick Reply: Back Shocks Only?