New LS1 Owners - Newbie Tech Basic Technical Questions & Advice
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Gto

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011, 12:12 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Gto

I recently bought a 2005 GTO with a Pro Charger super charger that was running great. Now all of a sudden it is running rough, the engine light has been on for a long time and still ran great ( old owner said that since the supercharger was installed it stays on, take battery cable off and it gos away). When it started running rough I noticed that the traction control button doesn't work. I was driving it this morning and as the RPMs built up the traction control flashed on and off on the dash then the engine light als started flashing.
If you drive it without getting into it it does fine, but what fun is that!!!!
Any suggestions??
Old 11-11-2011, 03:09 PM
Launching!

Dude take it to a tuner, or at least see what code its throwing.....You really feel comfortable driving a supercharged car around with the check engine light on constantly? Gotta keep up on maintenance man! Take care of the car. It could be something minor but idk if it was me and I had a procharger within the first day of the check engine light on it would be going for a diagnostic or back to the tuner.
Old 11-11-2011, 03:15 PM
TECH Apprentice

Engine light flashing is a misfire. TC is most likely disengaged because the car is running in speed density (mafless). Like mega said, get to a tuner. I wouldn't drive the car.

Oh yea, previous owner is a dolt.

edit: if you must drive it then go easy on the pedal. Engine repairs are also "not fun"