Manual Transmission T56 | T5 | MN12 | Clutches | Hydraulics | Shifters

LT1 T56 Rebuild question. *sponsors, tick, rpm flt, other companies*

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2011, 09:59 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default LT1 T56 Rebuild question. *sponsors, tick, rpm flt, other companies*

In the process of doing a m6 swap. Im just currently just getting all the parts together. Are there any T56 companies out there that rebuild them without having to have a core before hand or core charges?

I would like to just buy a rebuilt t56 from a sponsor or some company, but i obviously dont have a t56 and dont really want to buy a used one then spend another grand or so to rebuild it. If I have to buy a used one as a last resort I will. Or maybe a company that would take a 4L60E for a core. idk.. seeing my options right now.

Im going on a 6 month deployment in 2 weeks so i wont have much time to look at this stuff. i would like to have everything ready and bought when i get back.

stupid question i know...any info would be great

Last edited by Badazz 97 TA; 11-16-2011 at 10:49 PM.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 AM
FormerVendor

Not a stupid question at all.

I have many T56 cores in house ready to build. I can work something out with you for your automatic core. There will still be a core fee involved because your 4L60e core isn't worth nearly as much as a T56 core. We have to charge a core fee because the T56 transmissions are so popular that they are hard to come by and expensive when you do find them. But I will work with you and give you the best deal I can.
Old 11-17-2011, 08:27 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We offer 100% Rebuildable, No Surprises LT1 & LS1 F-Body T56 Core transmissions for $1000 in addition to any of our rebuilds. You can also send a core T56 back in to us once you install our transmission for a full refund (assuming your core is 100% rebuildable, as well). Details here: http://www.tickperformance.com/optio...sion-rebuilds/

We don't accept any automatic transmission cores, unfortunately.

You can view all of our rebuild levels for your vehicle here: http://www.tickperformance.com/1993-...camaro-trans-am/
Old 11-17-2011, 04:23 PM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Jeremy@RPMTransmissions
Not a stupid question at all.

I have many T56 cores in house ready to build. I can work something out with you for your automatic core. There will still be a core fee involved because your 4L60e core isn't worth nearly as much as a T56 core. We have to charge a core fee because the T56 transmissions are so popular that they are hard to come by and expensive when you do find them. But I will work with you and give you the best deal I can.
Sounds good. I will give you a call tomorrow and speak to you about it. thanks
Old 11-17-2011, 04:24 PM
FormerVendor

Originally Posted by Badazz 97 TA
Sounds good. I will give you a call tomorrow and speak to you about it. thanks
Sounds good. Look forward to hearing from you.
Old 11-17-2011, 06:26 PM
TDP
FormerVendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got a freshly built T56 with all the basic upgrades and then some. Price is $1900 outright and $100 shipping so $2000 total. No core required or anything. Can ship out Friday. Comes with both solenoids, reverse light sensor, and speedo sensor. Call to order. Check sig for info.

Quick Reply: LT1 T56 Rebuild question. *sponsors, tick, rpm flt, other companies*