Chevrolet Camaro 1967-2002 The forum for diehard Camaro fans

T/A Door panels on Camaro 98-02

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2011, 01:59 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Post T/A Door panels on Camaro 98-02

As most of you who have installed Trans Am door panels in a Camaro, you may have noticed they flex alot, and are very flimsy. I found a solution! Figured i'd do a write up since I searched and searched with no appearent solution to the problem.
So first of all, you will need two L brackets(or straight brackets, I used two curtain brackets so they were "L" shaped) about a 1 1/2" long when strait. You should b able to find these at any hardware store. They must have holes large enough for the stock panel bolts.
Pliers, screw driver, and phillips head. If you got the "L" brackets, bend them almost straight. You want it to be flat on one side and sleightly curved on the other. (you'll see them in the picture)
You'll have to take your panels off and detach the switch and handle bezels. Now bolt the flat side to the stock Camaro panel mount just in front of the door handel. It should look like this.

Now since we're not using the other two bolt mounts, use the screw driver to pry off one of the plastic bolt holders.

You'll place the bolt holder just behind the top bracket hole after you put the door panel back on.

Now that your panel is on, use one of the stock bolts and place in the hole in the handle of the door panel. Now place the bolt holder you pried off earlier behind the bracket. Small hands come in handy here. You may have to move the bolt around to get it in the hole of the bracket, but once in, go ahead and srew it into the plastic holder.

Put your switch and door handle bezels back on, and bidda bing badda bam! Solid Trans Am door panels. If you wanna go balistic, theres a hole in the middle of the panel trey you can drill a screw into but they were solid enough so I figured I'd leave it alone. Hope this helps!
Old 11-22-2011, 02:18 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Nice, Looks good!
Old 11-22-2011, 05:54 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Woah, love the flat black 'camaro. That's sick!

Last edited by Zeus28-M64; 11-23-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Old 03-09-2013, 10:32 AM
On The Tree

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know this thread is old, but in the last pic. Where is the new mounting position going to? is there a hole behind it? or is it being held solely by the mounting clip attached to the mounting bracket?

Quick Reply: T/A Door panels on Camaro 98-02