Suspension & Brakes Springs | Shocks | Handling | Rotors

Vibration above 70

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Vibration above 70

Hey, wanted to get an idea before i start probing...I have a vibrations that happens above 70mph once i get off the brake or gas....thats when i feel it throughout the car from the front..not like threw the steering wheel or anything, and again once im back on brakes or the gas it stops. Its not a OMG vibrations but its something that i dont want my car that go fasts.The cars just about to crack 30k and im not sure if its the wheels being out of balance or just from sitting around. I usually drive it at lease once a month and the tires have about 15k on them. There is some wear on the right front tire but i believe its due to the car needing an alignment.

Any insight would be great...gonna jack it up sometime this weekend to see if anythings loose.

Thanks!
Old 11-26-2011, 10:44 AM
TECH Enthusiast

I would think it's probably out of balance. You should take it in and have them balanced again. It's crazy how much vibration can come from just 1 of those little weights being off!
Old 11-27-2011, 03:12 AM
Teching In

Ya gonna have them checked... Thanks for the reply
Old 11-27-2011, 09:22 AM
TECH Resident

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

It won't hurt to have the tires balanced, but if it only happens when your coasting I would check the driveline. Check the u joints for play. Check the torque arm bushing for movement. Also check the around the bolts for the torque arm to the rear end for cracks. I had this same problem when my stock torque arm started to break
Old 11-28-2011, 09:45 AM
Teching In

if the tires were out of balance the steering wheel would shimmy back and forth. And it wouldnt stop from hitting the gas or brakes. Check and make sure all your lug nuts are tight, next i would say the wheel bearings. Especially if the car sits they could have freezed up a bit.
Old 12-11-2011, 01:29 AM
On The Tree

Did you find out what was doing it my camaro is doing the same thing