Generation III Internal Engine 1997-2006 LS1 | LS6
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Torquer V2 Cam... now to finish her off.

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2011, 03:46 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Torquer V2 Cam... now to finish her off.

so i have a 2001 WS6. current mods are as follows:

Volant Cold Air Intake
(will be buying SLP 100mm MAF)
90 mm Edelbrock TB
92 mm typhoon intake manifold
3200 RPM Stall
Long tube headers
Dumped exhaust (will be bassani exhaust)
Diablo Sport hand tune (will be getting it dyno tuned)
BBK Pulley
4:10 gears
Fuel Rails
Strut Tower Bar
Torquer 2 cam 232/234 .595"/.598"
aluminum driveshaft
Bassani true dual exhaust

i want to get PRC stage 2.5 5.3 heads. i'm curious if anyone has used or worked with this cam. if so, what length pushrods with i need? valve springs? do i need bigger fuel injectors?

another question about the typhoon. can i port it to 100mm? also, i've heard only opinions about this part, no facts. also, port the TB?

and with what i have, what's a guess of the power gains??

if you need more info, just ask!

thanks guys!
Old 11-29-2011, 05:36 PM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is a very common build,very similar to mine in fact,the pushrods will need to be measured-no ifs ands or buts.you can get away with pac 1218 springs good to .600 but do yourself a favor and opt for 1518s good to .650,typhoon is susposta only be good for fi apps,but ive never ran one,just got a ls6 myself.I would think you could leave the tb alone being its 90mm and most guys run a ported stocker,good luck and get a dyno tune
Old 11-29-2011, 06:31 PM
10 Second Club

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

I've got a torquer 2 sitting here but I know it would be awhile before I could have it tuned so I've been waiting to install it. how does your car run now with just the programmer? Also how have you got the programmer set up to make it run? I would bet you'll be in the 425ish range after a good tune. I wouldn't bother trying to port the typhoon or throttle body. If you want to upgrade get a FAST 102. On the injectors you'll be close to maxed if not over so I would go to a 42 so you'll have room to grow and your gonna have to measure pushrod length, only way to know.