Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

new ls1 6 speed stock "for now"

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking new ls1 6 speed stock "for now"

Hey guys I have a 2001 6 speed ss camaro non slp package and will be modding soon. Car is completely stock motor never been touched. I've been doing a lot of research so don't bash me. I leave january for army basic training and ait. When I get back ill have my car at a shop to have some work done my first my mods will be

Long tube headers with 3 inch collectors
still unsure of cai I need

I'm wanting to get a cam/springs/pushrods/ported oil pump and bigger injectors. The cam I'm wanting is undecided a ms4 a mega deather a texas giant or comp 286. And then a dyno tune. Which cam will do 400+ cam only without tune. I'm not concerned on fuel mileage streetability or emissions. Ls6 cnc p&p heads are next.
Old 12-01-2011, 08:40 PM
Teching In

Nobody has opinions or gonna throw advice out?
Old 12-01-2011, 08:54 PM
TECH Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats on the buy!

If you're thinking about Ported LS6 heads and a cam, pushrods ect. Check out TSP (texas speed and performance) for their head/cam package deals. I hear great things about them , i want to pull the trigger on that myself.

Longtubes is definately not a bad place to start out on these cars, bolt on or H/C, they sound good and are proven to give you power. Alot of people just recommend calling TSP over the phone, and explain exactly what you want out of your car and they will help you pick out the right cam, or package you need.

your 2001 camaro already comes with a LS6 style intake so you will benifit from that later on with H/C. you can get more power with the F.A.S.T intakes aswell. Pricey but worth it if you're going H/C.

Good luck with the research!

Theres alot of knowledgable people on here that can get more in depth about it with you, everyone is asleep right now lol
Old 12-01-2011, 11:29 PM
Teching In

And thanks for the reply bud I plan on doin a lot to her I just want a radical cam that will make crazy top end power with stock heads or not lol. After a year or two ill be getting a 404 rotating assembly and have the motor stroked and boosted I just wanna cam only for now with headers to help it breathe and then a mean tune. It has a center force dual disc clutch (new) so I hope that will last a good while seeing as it will be a weekend only car when I'm not shipped out. I want a rough rough idle but a crazy power band. I will call some well known vendors and shops around to see if they got a custom cam layin around collectin dust ha ha just looking for highest hp cam only cam that won't have ptv issues. The meaner the better. Remember ill have more cubes later and emmisions ain't a problem in deep east tennessee lol