Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Bug+ls1 ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-2011, 03:14 PM
Teching In

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bug+ls1 ?

So I'm picking up a stock ls1 block oil pan to intake for 300 and my dads got a 65 vw bug I been thinking about doing a heads and cam swap ls1 bug, should I waste the time cutting and pushing back the fire wall, looking for front end or just grab a camaro T/A roller? Need yalls help on this decision
Old 12-04-2011, 04:00 PM
TECH Apprentice

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It would be a really cool swap but, would be a WHOLE lot of work I imagine. If I was gonna do that much work, I'd get a tranny out of the newer Impala/Monte SS and leave rear engine then pipe you a radiator, tranny, and oil cooler to the front and make some way to get air to it, that'd be sweet ****! I bet with some wheels and tires you could get that frontend off the ground pretty easily lol.
I'd just find a Camaro or T/A roller unless you got so good fab skills, time, and patience.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:12 PM
Teching In

Yeah I know time and patience NO, but I think it would be cool my dads a fab kind of guy I know the in/ outs of and ls1 I might just get a camaro roller and call it a ten second day thanks bro
Old 12-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Teching In

Oh and the tranny gonna go turbo 400 with reverse manual valve body, just gonna get the small stuff tb, sensors, pulleys etc. Then I'll find a roller SS

Quick Reply: Bug+ls1 ?