Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header/ Y-pipe Install.. I may be in trouble

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 09:30 PM
TECH Addict

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Header/ Y-pipe Install.. I may be in trouble (PICS)

Started the install today. I have all of the old stuff removed.

I noticed that my car doesn't have the bracket that they y-pipe is supposed to attach to.

I also have the BMR Trak Pak.. and it's causing me to worry a bit because my 3" ORY and 3" TSP Rumbler may not fit without bumping the Trak Pak.

Other than that everything went smoothly. I would have finished today, but our Autoskills Hobby shop closed at 5.

Any ideas of what to do about the y-pipe bracket?

Last edited by Z28Venom; 03-13-2004 at 10:00 PM. Reason: Pictures
Old 03-13-2004, 10:05 PM
TECH Addict

Would just buying an aftermarket hanger or something from Checkers or Napa work since I don't have the original?
Old 03-13-2004, 10:56 PM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

i would either try and make my own or buy one from gm...it probably wouldnt be mroe than a few bucks but with your TQ arm and stuff im not sure if that ypipe is even gonna fit...bottom line id test fit evetrything without the part and just make your own in the end.

lata
Bill
Old 03-13-2004, 11:52 PM
TECH Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

you can get the y to fit, I did it with my trak pack and I even managed to get true duals to fit under there. A muffler shop might be able to weld up any kind of a bracket you need?
Old 03-14-2004, 12:05 AM
TECH Addict

Originally Posted by Mike K.
you can get the y to fit, I did it with my trak pack and I even managed to get true duals to fit under there. A muffler shop might be able to weld up any kind of a bracket you need?

Thanks alot.. I'll get everything in there.. and then take it to a shop on Mon. to have the two brackets that I need welded.

I also found that the bracket on the rear where the muffler hangs. The drivers side has a hanger, and the passenger side is supposed to have a bracket also. I just noticed that the bracket there was replaced with some ghetto style metal strip that was welded to the pipe entering the muffler.

This is going downhill fast..