Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Initial LSX Opinion

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2004, 10:03 PM
10 Second Club

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Initial LSX Opinion

After some fun, I got my LSX installed & running today. Seems to have no issues. Idles ok, runs smooth, no codes. Took it out for a spin tonight to put some miles on it & make sure it runs ok. OK? Damn, it feels like it pulls noticeably stronger on the top end now. Before, after it hit it's sweet spot (4500rpm?), it just kinda leveled out. Now it continues to accelerate hard right up to 6k. The dyno should prove interesting. I am planning to go back next Saturday to the same place I went a month ago to get an accurate comparison of pre & post LSX.

In case anyone is interested, these are the issues I ran into installing it.

I had to cut the end off the TB accelerator cable cam. It hit on the PCV tube. Thanks to the guy that posted this a month ago!

I had to mill an area on the LSX for the valve cover vent tube. The tube on the TB runs smack into part of the intake.

The allen head bolts they give you are a pain. My torque wrench with the allen socket wouldn't fit under the cowl for 2 bolts. And I had to remove the fuel rail & injectors to get at any of them.

The worst part was the MPA sensor pulled out of the intake when I installed it. I found it when the car wouldn't run when I fired it up. It weren't easy, but with a friends help (with skinny arms) I got it back in without pullling the intake off. We had to re-route it between the hoses & wire harness so it would reach.

And there is noticably more valve-train noise now. The intake is mounted directly on the valley cover & radiates all that racket.
Old 03-14-2004, 07:11 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Was that over an LS1 or LS6 intake. If and when you get some new #s please post them.

THe verdict is still out on these intakes at the moment I cant see how the price tag warrants the power, people are getting alot poorer results that I had hoped for.
Old 03-14-2004, 06:36 PM
TECH Regular

Sounds good - glad you got it in - can't wait too see how much you picked up! Hate to hear about all the little issues you had - but glad you got them worked out. Good luck at the dyno! Patrick
Old 03-14-2004, 07:07 PM
11 Second Club

ask hawkn01 about the lsx....might have made the difference in his 11.25 bolt on time.

i cant wait to get mine on the car!
Old 03-14-2004, 08:14 PM
10 Second Club

I had an LS1 intake, so I am hoping for some good numbers. The ported Jantzer TB I also just added shouldn't hurt....
Old 03-14-2004, 08:24 PM
10 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have no concrete proof other than the ET's I ran. I will say that it feels stronger but have no dyno numbers.
Old 03-15-2004, 12:36 AM
Launching!

Keep us posted on your gains!