Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

tuning on nitrous?

Search this Thread

Old 03-14-2004, 12:50 AM
Launching!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default tuning on nitrous?

i used search and did not come up with an exact answer, but i had my car dynotuned when i had my cam put in. im pondering the thought of putting a 100shot in just for a little boost since i dont have 3000+ to spend on a H/C package. if i read some of the threads right, a wet kit would not require tuning? would i be able to get away with a dry shot? if i go with nitrous, i will get the car dynoed and find out my a/f, but i dont have the extra 400 bucks to tune. so really im looking for a good increase in h.p that's safe and doesn't cost a fortune. thanks for all the help.
Old 03-16-2004, 07:44 PM
FormerVendor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

It realy depends on how it was tuned.It would be a good ideal to have the tune re checked for the nitrous.When people tune these cars they normaly advance the timing.You need to check and make sure there is no knock retard.
Dave
Old 03-16-2004, 07:53 PM
TECH Addict

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

when we tuned mine, we pulled alittle timing and I run it alittle rich even though I have a wet kit. Most cars are tuned more to the leaned out side for H/C. Thats probably okay then. But when you spray you want it to be right. Most tuners will retune with any add ons after the first one. At least thats what I got with MTI. But you had better tune it for spray!!! Good Insurance!Check Sig for my numbers on 100 wet shot! Well worth it.