Generation IV External Engine LS2 | LS3 | LS7 | L92 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wet tb vrs. Dry tb ?

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2011, 07:07 AM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Default Wet tb vrs. Dry tb ?

just wandering if anyone has seen a comparison between a carbed intake with something like a dry TB and injector rails and , say, a FAST EZ EFI set-up that has the injectors built into the TB. the carb guys say the cooling effect of the fuel-air mixture in the intake runners cools the intake thus increasing HP, but with the fuel rails and 8 injectors fuel distribution would have to be better. I went the FAST EZ EFI route on my most resent build and like it, but im just wandering if i left HP on the table. Lets crank up the air dynos and see what happens
Old 12-13-2011, 07:28 AM
12 Second Club

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I ran a test on the dyno a long time ago, it had an edelbrock manifold. It had 8 port style injectors as well an EZEFI TB on top. I ran it both ways, using 8 injectors and the EZEFI TB just as an air valve, and then turing off the port injectors and running the EZEFI as intended. I dont recall any major differences in power.

I really like the EZEFI, especially for the guys I know who are afraid of tuning with a laptop.

Last edited by SweetS10V8; 12-13-2011 at 07:34 AM.
Old 12-13-2011, 01:33 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

great info ! im glad i didnt leave too much on the table by going the dumby route.LOL

Quick Reply: Wet tb vrs. Dry tb ?