Pontiac Firebird 1967-2002 Birds of a feather flock together

Convertible top replacement - 98-02

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2011, 01:42 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Convertible top replacement - 98-02

Hi. Looking for feedback from anyone who has replaced their convertible top on a Firebird/Trans Am. I've been checking a few options and trying to decide which kit is better and comparing the difference in fabrics. Looks like many sell the pinpoint and claim that is what came on the car, but I've seen others saying the stay-fast cloth was OEM or possibly an upgrade. Trying to match what would have come on a 2002 Firehawk and get one that will last awhile and not look cheap.

Thanks. If we can find a good supplier maybe we can set up a dealer account and help everyone out.
Old 12-10-2011, 08:12 AM
TECH Junkie

Received 443 Likes on 320 Posts

Might try posting in the 'Convertibles' section for some responses. Several have writen about their own experiences there as well.
Old 12-11-2011, 02:01 AM
LS1TECH Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the suggestion. Pulled up a few posts in there but not as much as I thought there would be. I'll keep digging. Was looking for some installed pics of different brands out there and fabric differences.
Old 12-14-2011, 02:19 PM
9 Second Club

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I replaced my top with a used one off a newer, less miles car, and the rear glass fell out, unknown to me, of course during a heavy rain storm. You can sail boats in my trunk, so moral of the story, whatever you chose, make sure that glass is in there good!

Quick Reply: Convertible top replacement - 98-02