Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Made my SLP mats look new PICS

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2011, 08:19 PM
TECH Regular

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Made my SLP mats look new PICS

My SLP mats have seen some better days. I figured before I bought a new pair I would experiment with these. First I dyed them with RIT dye, turned out purple/blue color. Then my buddy from the delearship told me what to do.

I used the SEM plastic paint on them. Spray it to desired color and brush through. Only problem is that they look alot better than my carpet, now time to do my carpet back to original black.

The two mats in the picture is a factory untouched (left) and the painted SLP (right).

I taped off the SS embroidery before I dyed or painted.

Let me know what you think. If you decide to do this, make sure you get GM black.

There is no sticky or rough texture to it. Smooth as it was before I painted it.
Attached Thumbnails Made my SLP mats look new PICS-photo-1.jpg   Made my SLP mats look new PICS-photo-2.jpg   Made my SLP mats look new PICS-photo-3.jpg   Made my SLP mats look new PICS-photo-4.jpg  
Old 12-12-2011, 08:48 PM
TECH Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I don't believe the stock SS floormats in these cars were ever a super rich Black color like you have there, more like a clean bland dark grey'ish type of shade. But still, what you did looks very good man, they look great.
Old 12-12-2011, 08:50 PM
TECH Regular

look at the picture with the two mats, the one on the left is untouched. Just the lighting making them look darker maybe?
Old 12-12-2011, 08:57 PM
TECH Resident

wow nice man. looks good

Quick Reply: Made my SLP mats look new PICS