Notices
Vehicle Classifieds This an archive of the older vehicle classifieds, please create a new listing in our Marketplace.
Cars Search
Keyword:

Year:
(Range)

Make:

Model:

Price:

Mileage:

Private or Dealer Listing:

Location (State):

Color:

Transmission:

Drivetrain:

LS Engine?:

Parts Search
Keyword:

Category:

Price:

Part Fits:

Location (State):

Item Condition:

Engine:

LS Engine?:

turbo V8 firebird in v6 shell

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 11:49 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default turbo V8 firebird in v6 shell

Year: 2013
Make: Pontiac
Model: Firebird
Price: $20000
Mileage: 62000
Private or Dealer Listing: Private Listing
Location (State): MI
Color: Red
Transmission: Automatic
Drivetrain: Rear Wheel Drive
LS Engine?: Car has other engine

Finally selling my 2000 firebird that has been the love of my life for the past 5 years. I originally bought it as a v6 car with 52000 miles on it. I turbocharged the v6 and broke the crank in half. I then gutted it all over again and dropped in an LQ9 and began going big. Its a blast to drive. You can lay the mickey thompsons tread down at 75mph on the highway at 15psi. I have ran it up to 30psi (short period of time) and it loved every minute of it. That was overdriving the injectors at 60psi before the boost correction. Fuel system has been tested to over 130psi holding pressure. In case you really need some flow. (not recommended) At 24psi it has about 92% duty cycle so if you want to run that a lot I would go with bigger injectors. I never got it dyno'd or ran it on the quarter mile. The one day I planned on going i blew the first transmission. This transmission has been built to hold 1000 whp from a professional shop. It has held on every occasion. I will greatly miss the car but need to move on with my family and life. I do not have the time I used to and now find no time to drive the car. I have driven it probably 300miles and the only problem I have come to so far is the headlights are giving me problems. I can likely fix it in a day but is currently in storage.I have a newborn right now and time to look into this stuff is limited. I have spent 45000 on this car and think 20,000 is not at all unreasonable. I say spent because people who say invested are idiots because you never make money modifying a car of your own. I understand this and hence the price. All my exterior pictures

Fuel system- Aeromotive fuel rails with twin walbro 255 lph fuel pumps. -8 braided feed with -8 filter and -8 y block at firewall. -8 feeds each rail seperatly and 80 lb/hr injectors per cylinder feed the hunger. An aeromotive a-1000 -6 regulator relieves fuel pressure through a -6 return line that runs back to the tank.

Cooling system- 160 degree thermostat with aluminum 3 core racing radiator. Aluminum Allstar catch can.

Chasis- 12 pt gusseted cage with door bars. BMR tubular K member. BMR Transmission cross member with torque arm relocation. BMR secondary cross member with driveshaft loop. SLP 6 pt subframe connectors. BMR th350 crossmember with torque arm relocation. UMI Tubular k member.

Rear End- DTS built 12 bolt. 1350 billet yoke detriot tru trac. 3:73 gears. Arp extended wheel studs, Moser axles, DTS billet girdle cover. (

Tires- Rear 315/40R16 Mickey Thompson et streets. Front 225/60R16 passenger tires

Transmission- TH350 with blue frictions and hardened steels. Forward Manual Valve body, Yanks eliminator 4000 ls1 torque convertor, TCI SFI flex plate, hardened input and output shaft. 1350 yoke. Hardened drum and sprag. Hurst pistol grip quarter stick shifter. Custom driveshaft built for 1000hp

Engine Bottom End- Eagle H beam rods with Wiseco -20cc forged pistons and hellfire rings. Eagle forged 4340 crank. ARP main stud kit. Clevite TRI-Armored bearings. ATI harmonic balancer

Engine Top End- Cadillac CTSV R lifters, Texas Speed Chromoly 7.4’’ push rods. Yella terra roller rockers, Leading Edge Performance Turbo Camshaft, LS2 roller timing set with Texas Speed ported oil pump. Precision Race components double valve springs with titanium locks and retainers. Heads are a 317 casted ported stock ls1 head with larger titanium intake valves 2.02” and 1.6’’ titanium exhaust milled to 55 cc’s. Cometic head gasket seals up the top end along with ARP head studs and an ls6 intake combined with a BBK 85mm throttle body. ARP head studs

Gauges- Autometer ultra lite trans temp, boost, and coolant temp gauge along with full sweep electric oil pressure gauge.

Braking System- line lock with factory braking system

Turbo System- Garrett gt4294 turbo. Dual TIAL 38mm wastegates regulated by a turbo XS manual boost controller. TIAL blow off valve and 1000hp intercooler. Tial blow off valve

Interior- procar racing seat with 5 point harness. Sparco steering wheel

Steering/Suspension- Tubular rear lower control arms. Adjustable tubular panhard rod. Edelbrock tubular torque arm with relocation kit. Eibach springs in rear and Edelbrock IAS shocks/ manual steering rack and pinion.

Exhaust- forward facing cast iron manifolds with stainless hot side piping, stainless wastegate piping, and stainless down 4’’ down pipe that splits into dual 3’’.

Electronics and Tuning- Factory 2002 z28 pcm with modified wiring harness to bare essentials. Tuned through HP tuners via their MVPI PRO tuning software and 3bar sd tune. Battery relocation kit to RR wheel well.
Attached Thumbnails turbo V8 firebird in v6 shell-dsc00499.jpg   turbo V8 firebird in v6 shell-firebird.jpg   turbo V8 firebird in v6 shell-firebird-2.jpg   turbo V8 firebird in v6 shell-firebird3.jpg  
Old 12-14-2011, 11:51 AM
On The Tree

just noticed rims are no longer the ones pictured. they are stock trans am rims painted black.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:34 PM
On The Tree

engine bay pictures. price is obo. Let me know what you have.
Attached Thumbnails turbo V8 firebird in v6 shell-dsc00558.jpg   turbo V8 firebird in v6 shell-dsc00559.jpg  
Old 12-16-2011, 06:38 AM
On The Tree

Bump. Taking offers
Old 12-29-2011, 12:29 PM
On The Tree

Sold.