Forced Induction Superchargers | Turbochargers | Intercoolers

boost/meth controller

Search this Thread

Old 12-14-2011, 05:30 PM
TECH Regular

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default boost/meth controller

I need to buy a boost and meth controller in the near future and I was wanting to get one that can control both. I know the eboost 2 can but I was wondering about the ams500/1000.

Also can the eboost 2 be used as a progressive boost/meth controller?
Old 12-14-2011, 05:47 PM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

E boost can only trigger the pump to spray at a certain boost psi. It comes on all at once full blast. MM uses it that way if I'm not mistaken.
Old 12-14-2011, 05:55 PM
TECH Regular

Oh ok, I have a snow kit but it didn't come with a controller so im looking at my options. I really like the ams units, but if they can't control meth and mm goes 8s with a eboost I will go that route. Im hoping for low 9s with my set up.
Old 12-14-2011, 06:37 PM
TECH Senior Member

Received 45 Likes on 31 Posts

low 8!s

if you have closed loop a/f control at wide open then a simple relay trigger of the meth pump is a no brainer.
Old 12-15-2011, 08:48 AM
10 Second Club

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by L92 fox
Oh ok, I have a snow kit but it didn't come with a controller so im looking at my options. I really like the ams units, but if they can't control meth and mm goes 8s with a eboost I will go that route. Im hoping for low 9s with my set up.
Oh I'm sure the AMS unit has a 5v output that can trigger a relay like MM is talking about, that once your AMS hits a preset boost level it triggers that output to use the relay and whatever is connected to it, in your case a methanol injection pump. Then use whatever size nozzles you need to get the IAT drop your looking for and/or power level with added boost or timing or both with the introduction of the methanol.

Also to elaborate on what MM said about the closed loop fueling correction...if your using BS3, Fast XFI, Holley HP or Dominator software, they have their "learn" parameters for the fueling tables and a closed loop air fuel ratio correction factor that if the a/f changes during a run (introduction of methanol, nitrous, boost, more timing etc.) it corrects it back to whatever it was that you have it set at. So if your target AFR is 11.5:1 and you all the sudden hit it with a huge blast of methanol, the afr is going to plummet. The AFR correction will correct the AFR by subtracting fuel to acheive your target afr again. From what I've seen it can correct faster than you can blink so it works seamlessly.
Old 12-15-2011, 09:01 AM
TECH Regular

I like the alky control kit, it runs off a progressive controller referenced off your map sensor. So the meth kit is stand alone. Simply starting at a pre set boost level the meth pump gets turns on and as the more boost you make the more the meth pump sprays. Also the kit has a fuel cell, with a gauge and low fuel light, braided lines etc etc.

Quick Reply: boost/meth controller