Generation III External Engine LS1 | LS6 | Bolt-Ons | Intakes | Exhaust | Ignition | Accessories
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

SLP loudmouth "resonator" vs. dynomax bullet

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2004, 10:02 AM
On The Tree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default SLP loudmouth "resonator" vs. dynomax bullet

I have the loudmouth and headers and I have RASP. I have searched around and some people say to get a "dynomax bullet" and replace the I-pipe resonator
that comes with the LOUDMOUTH. I was wondering what the difference is between the "bullet" and the resonator that comes with the LOUDMOUTH?

From the outside, they look the same, I've seen the "bullet" online at
some places, however I can't view the differences INSIDE the "bullet".
Is there something INSIDE the "bullet" that is different than the resonator
in the LOUDMOUTH? The resonator in the LOUDMOUTH is just a larger
than 3" diameter pipe, nothing whatsoever inside, it's just larger diameter pipe.

What is INSIDE the "bullet"?

thanks
Old 03-15-2004, 10:15 AM
Humanitarian

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

All I know is the 18 inch Dynomax bullet helped alot. Go to Dynomax's site and get the specifics.
Old 03-15-2004, 10:29 AM
TECH Apprentice

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a 12" bullet (IE my Dynomouth) and I can tell you there isn't a whole lot inside of it either. It does have little baffles that the exaust is supposed to bounce off of to quiet it a bit if your accelerating easy. But the middle is hollow pipe so when you hammer it everyone around you knows it

If you get a 18" bullet it will help some and for $40 it's worth it IMO. Just don't expect it to get rid of all the rasp. You will still have some rasp and some drone since you don't have a "real muffler" but you should hear a noticeable improvement. At least that's what 4/5 Loudmouth owners that did the dynomax bullet have reported. I think your HF cats along with a 18" bullet will make it tolerable. But without those cats you would be obnoxious loud and raspy. Some like that but it would drive me crazy.

Another alternative is buying a hooker aerochamber muffler and having an exhaust shop fab it into your loudmouth where the stock muffler used to be. That would definately help the rasp situation.

Good Luck

Quick Reply: SLP loudmouth "resonator" vs. dynomax bullet